Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Almost done with June

I'm done with my June journal page. At least the embroidery part is finished. Now getting the complete page done is going to be something else all together. I have this idea in mind, but its something I've never done before. (Quilting being the thing). But I know its gonna look great when I'm finished.

Started on my July piece, but I am beginning to regret the fact that I said I wasn't going to buy any new beads for this project, just use the ones I had in my stash. Especially since my sister Bev H. and her friend Dona A. dragged me to the Bead and Button Show in Milwaukee. Okay, I wasn't dragged, they were holding me back, saving me from myself! You would think that there couldn't possibly be any NEW beads, or colors, or products to be discovered from one year to the next. Its amazing to me.

I'm still working on getting pictures on my blog, but when I do you can see what I've been up to.
Truthfully, I'd rather be beading than sitting on the computer.... ;^)

5 comments:

Any Smith said...

Dragged you to Bead and Button? I know how that is. I went kicking and screaming all the way to each booth, myself.

Taken a class from Dona A. (Not too many Dona's spell their names that way.) I love her work.

Can't wait to see yours and I'm jealous that you're already on to July...

Artifax said...

The Bead and Button show - I am so jealous! What wonderful inspiration it must have been!

Robin said...

Looking forward to your pictures... we'd ALL understand if you bought a few more things and used them on your BJP pages... It's so hard to resist!

Beverly Herman said...

Rosanne having seeing your June piece in progress.... I can't wait to see it finished. It was spectacular at 3/4 of the way done. Oh new beads, we bought some of those didin't we? How can you help but not use some of the new beads?

Padparadscha said...

I believe in following the flow of life and the "middle path" ; therefore if beads or fabric specially appeal to you, why not buy them ?