Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I'm a Behinder!

I'm a Behinder! Make sure you sing this to the tune of I'm a Believer (Shrek?!) Since August there have been a lot of life going on. To make a long story short, I stopped taking my pain meds over a month ago - big mistake I started them again 2 days ago, while off of them I went into the deep dark hole and I didn't do anything creative. I was so low that I was ready to sell all my art supplies and be a regular person. My Father in Law is in the hospital, My Aunt is in the hospital dying and my husband forgot my birthday. There's more but you know everyone has there stuff. Anyway, I'm trying to get my head straight and do something. I will get my pages done, I just need a little help getting going. If anyone has any great ideas to help, I'd appreciate it.

I have been checking in now and again to see what everyone is making. I am so amazed at what's being done. It almost makes me not want to do my pages cuz their not wonderful. Ok - I'm going to change - I'm happy to see everyone is still going. And Robin, $100 bill - wow! You are right though - it's only money. I think that only you could have done that though! Not I - I wouldn't have dreamed of doing that to money.

I'm sorry that this is a dreadful post. I am ok for the most part now. I'm hoping to get motivated to do something artisic in the near future. Hugs to all - Bead on - Heidibeads

7 comments:

Lois2037 said...

Welcome back to the daylight!

I've found that just beading anything on the piece is a good beginning. Even one sequin or a line of color, or a bead I just like and want to see sewn down... It's all a beginning. Just working with the beads has really helped keep me close to sane. Usually, when I have one thing down, it just leads to the next and the next...

abeadlady said...

Don't give up! Sorry to hear of your family members in the hospital. Husbands can be dorks. They can't help it.

Hope the pain meds kick in soon. Even a bead a day keeps you going. You have a lot of support here and we know you can do it.
Arline

Timaree said...

Look through some old bead magazines or buy a new one. Sometimes seeing new ideas or remembering old ones you liked inspires one to get moving. And like the two responses above, a new bead put down can do amazing things. Hope you feel better soon.

Timaree said...

Now that I've looked at a few posts I can add that you should try a post farther down called "A Fun Thing to Do". It might just inspire you and only takes a few minutes!

KV said...

Beading is the most therapeutic medium I know of -- and I always thought knitting was the best previously. Simply pulling out all your beads and sorting through them sometimes offers inspiration and motivation to do what Robin advocates: one bead at a time. No matter how old your beading magazines or books may be, they can be a constant source of inspiration, too.

Hope you feel better soon!


Kathy V in NM

Robin said...

Stay with us, Heidibeads! Just pick up some button or bead or a feather or a little piece of lace and sew it on. It doesn't have to be perfect, or even good. It just has to be what feels right at the moment. Start anywhere. Just sit down right now and do it. Yay!!! Big hugs, Robin

Padparadscha said...

Oh, Heidi, you seem to have had a dreadful time. I'm really sorry about that. In France we say "after the rain, the sun comes out", meaning that one can't be miserable and unlucky all the time, some good things are bound to come your way soon..

I think the BJP is not a race, and that like in sports, the most important thing is to participate, not win (though we can all win a feeling of proudness and delight in the process). I also think that each person's pages are nice and very moving, but not for the same reasons.

Hugs,

Hélène