Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Storage and Organizing

I just had to ask after reading all the posts about storage and workspaces. Does anyone else get almost as much satisfaction out of sorting and organizing their beads and supplies as creating their art? I find sometimes when I just can not get a spark to be creative, I re-organize or sort my beads, and when seeing something I had not looked at or noticed in months, it is as exciting as when I purchased it the first time. I am like a little kid on my birthday, excited and happy and puttering away in my space :)
Trilly (Lisa D.)

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, that's exactly what I do when I've got beaders block. Works every time!

KrispiS said...

YES! I love to either re-oganize my bead stash or sort a mixed bag of beads. It's so amazing to see the beautiful beads and sort them into groups! It's really good therapy, and often my young friends (age 5 and 6) help me sort through a new variety bag of beads. They love it also and I hope to be making future beaders of them! They already love to string beads and make necklaces.

beadbabe49 said...

absolutely!

Sweetpea said...

ME TOO!!!

Christi
in WA state

KV said...

Definitely one of the most fun parts of beading -- totally inspirational!


Kathy V in NM

a2susan said...

Yes, I love to organize my beads, and I'm constantly amazed at what I have and how many nice beads I've chosen!

Mary Timme said...

I have to join in the nay column. I hate having to organize and reorganize my beads. I mutter and grumble about not wanting to herd and wrangle beads the whole time, but it is satisfying when it is done. I don't even like putting them away after using them. I do like seeing some beads I've forgotten though.

Trilly said...

I was thinking about this again last night and I realized that some times I use the organizing as an excuse to not start or finish a project. I wasn't even aware of that until I thought about this again. It does make a wondeful avoidance activity.

Nospoj said...

Hey Trilly I hear you, it's what I do !

Timaree said...

I don't like to reorganize once a system is set up but it is fun to find the forgotten beads!

Karen L. Cohen said...

Ditto Mary Timme! Boy, she took the words right out of my mouth!
karen