Thursday, October 11, 2007

August

I finally completed it last night. You can take a look at it here, August BJP. I am a fellow behinder and was laughing to myself yesterday thinking maybe we need to have a Behinders Anonymous club. Hi I am Trilly. I am a behinder, and it's ok. :)

This piece is pretty simple and not what I envisioned at all when I started it, but it meant a lot as I put each bead or button or wire on and remembered the exact moment and feeling of that time. I used a random piece of wire for the Man on my piece that I found lying on the playa one day and stuck in my pocket so as not to leave it lying on the ground. A big part of Burning Man is to leave no trace and I picked up lot of junk during the week, including some fun beads that had probably fallen off a costume along the way. I plan on using them on something later.

Have a great weekend everyone and thanks for sharing your pictures and thoughts.

Trilly

3 comments:

abeadlady said...

I like your page alot. And I like your blog entry explaining why it means so much to you. This is what BJP is all about. It doesn't matter how many beads are on a page, but what it means to you. Keep up the good work.
Arline

Robin said...

Got a good chuckle from your BAC idea (Behinders Anonymous Club)... I guess at this point, since my September piece still needs its edging stitch, I'd have to be a member too. Good for you picking up what you see lying around on the ground!

Sweetpea said...

Trilly, you can add me to your BAC group, too...love the image it conjures up, of all of scrambling with our beads! Your August piece is really swell. Although I've never been to Burning Man, your clear description of it along with your piece actually gave me an inside scoop to the experience. Well done!

Christi,
western WA state