Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Even more behinder......

If I were anymore behind I'd be catching myself....

Due to some technical difficulties - read the camera just won't take a nice picture - health stuff - not going there and circumstances beyond my control...is there anyone who doesn't have that?? I am behind!! But I can see catching up time verrryyyy soooon!

I have July mostly done, August in my head and for now Sept is fuzzy and yes, I do know that it's October already! But I have some serious stitching time opening up as well as sewing time. And winter in Canada is a great time to hunker down inside and do hand work. Besides all of that, if I could just stop changing my mind and direction, I'd definitely be further ahead.

The main reason for posting is not so much to whine, well, maybe a little bit. But to ask for some help. For August I would like to do a pink ribbon as the main focus of the page. I know some of you have done this but I don't know how you did it. My 'page' finishes at approximately 6"x7" so my ribbon should be no larger than 3"x4", I think. Should I stitch it down one bead at a time. Make a separate 'ribbon' and stitch it on. I would like it to 'float' on a plain background and then hope to surround it with positive messages of hope, love and caring......any and all suggestions are gratefully accepted.

Thank you,
Karen Mc aka kwltnmoma karen.mccleary@gmail.com

4 comments:

ClaireC said...

Don't worry about the behind - I've finished June, almost finished August, started July and only have early ideas for September and October. These cold evenings do make you want to stay in and bead though so I'm sure we'll catch up eventually!

Padparadscha said...

My idea - for what it's worth ; make a pink peyote strip and sew it on to your page (I love off loom techniques, with a special soft spot for peyote). It might be quicker than embroidery...

What do you think ?

madchiwawa said...

The ribbon on my page was done with backstitch. I drew my design on the page and then backstitched the ribbon in with 4 beads at a time. As far as being behind I am still working on September and have not started October. I'll catch up sooner or later.

Karen said...

Thanks for the suggestions - Helene, will the strip lay flat when I loop it back on itself? That was my only concern with making a flat strip.
Madchiwawa, I'll have to go back and look at yours...
And Clairec - doesn't it make you feel better to know you're not the only 'behinder'?
Karen