Friday, September 14, 2007

June Page

Here is my June page. I had a rather detailed description of it to send but when I went to publish it I received an error notice and lost everything. Until I get time to find the lost post or re-write it I'll just send along my June page which is as yet unmounted. It's approximately 6"x6". It is worked on Silk Dupioni with cotton and silk thread and ribbon embroidery for the rock garden area background. The foreground rolling grassy area is worked in beaded back stitch with size 11 Japanese seed beads. The original looks way more lush than in this image.

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Oh my, this is beautiful your embroidery is impressive!!

KV said...

Lovely embroidery -- the finished page will be worth waiting for.


Kathy V in NM

Acey said...

love the colors as well as the quality of workmanship. Silk is so much fun!

Robin said...

I hope everyone will click to enlarge so they can see your exquisite embroidery and silk ribbon work. Bullions are so fabulous, and what about those woven leaves... Wheeee! You did a great job of integrating the beaded ground too. By the way... what I wouldn't give to get into your stash of silk ribbon and flosses! Thanks for posting...