Wednesday, May 23, 2007

So Many Options, Only 12 Months?

Hi, I'm Andi and the piece here is Cactus Moon, a fusion of machine embroidery and bead embroidery. It's one of a series based on a hand embroidered piece called Desert Moon. I vary between expressions, depending on what motion I need to feel or what colors I want to use. I used to say I made quilts when beadwork was too slow. I was able to take a workshop with Joyce Scott at the Quilt/Surface Design Symposium ten years ago, and what I didn't learn there, I got from Robin's wonderful One Bead at a Time. (Robin, you may remember me from ArtFest in 2002, I met you in the bathroom after my part of the teacher slide show where I mentioned you and your book).

Anyway. I am not exactly sure which format I'm going to take yet. So many possibilities. I like these so far:
Chinese Zodiac
Western Zodiac
Moon of the Month (for instance, June is the Strawberry moon)
Month of the month (just do a piece based on that month, to put together in a calendar format at some point)
Roy G Biv with a bit extra :)
Twelve Tribes of Israel
Twelve Dancing Princesses
Twelve Days of Christmas

Oh dear, I went and woke my brain up.

I am very excited to be here and very excited to meet you all.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Well, yes, you do have a bunch of good ideas! I'm sorry that your picture doesn't look better. Do you know how to edit your post? Maybe you could delete the picture and reload it. If you select "small size" it might look better. It's a shame, because from the description and colors, I'm thinking it must be really lovely.