Thursday, May 17, 2007

Hope this Works!

Hey All -

This is my very first blog post so I am hoping it comes through OK.

I am so excited to be part of this project. I have been beading for about 7 years and am completely self-taught from books and all of the online groups I belong to, which are way too numerous to count. I love learning new off loom stitches and really don't have a favorite but find myself working with tubular herringbone anytime I am not sure which stitch I want to work with.

My very first embroidery project was a stuffed animal I covered with seeds beads using the backstitch method and I fell in love with the mindless stitch. I was looking for a project to use all of those "cheap", uneven seed beads I bought when I first became interested and I have now covered 3 stuffed animals (and have bought many more to do) and made one beaded doll.

I have decided that I am going to make 1 beaded doll a month for my journal project and I am really excited to get started. June starts off a new road in my life. My oldest child, which is my only daughter, will graduate from high school and she will be traveling many miles from home in August to start college in North Carolina so I am going to put all of the emotions that go along with my oldest flying the coop so to speak into this project and am excited to see what I get at the end of the year. I am going to bead hangers on the dolls so that they can hang from an ornament stand and have the perfect spot picked out to display them for many years to come.

Jamie

1 comment:

bwheather said...

I can't wait to see your beaded dolls. What a wonderful idea. ;-)