Monday, July 2, 2007

June Done! And July Underway :)

I finally finished my June page! Only a little late ..... but due to a happy caffeine accident, I ended up being able to start on my July page on the same day too!

I'm working a little backwards on the July one, beading a separate component to be attached to the card stock later, but I'm really learning a lot! I love making beaded crosses and knew they would show up sooner or later in my BJP pages :)

I had a number of "learning experiences" with methods to unite the Lacy's Stiff Stuff and ultrasuede and could use some ideas. Love your thoughts!

For those in the US - Have a happy Fourth!

5 comments:

CC said...

Hi! I really like your June piece & love the cross! I'm having the same "finishing" issues too, so am glad that Robin is going to post something to her blog soon! Yea! Marriage of materials can be difficult! But we'll figure it out!
With aloha, CC

Anonymous said...

I love how you added stitching to enhance the picture!

You mentioned about wishing that Stiff Stuff came in colors...just paint or dye it! It will take acrylic paints, especially if thinned down a bit. Or you can attach thin fabric to the top in colors/patterns that you want by using a fusible like WonderUnder :-)

Judith said...

http://www.bead-patterns.com/shop/shop.php?method=itemnumber&keywords=178 Will give you an idea of how I've done & finished seed bead embroidery. It's a free pattern/instruction set at Bead Patterns.

abeadlady said...

Love your page! You might want to try stiffened felt. I found it at Michael's. It comes in 10 or more colors. I've also used inks to color Lacey's stiff stuff. A less expensive version of Lacey's is the heaviest weight of Pellon. I've used pellon 70 with some success.
Arline

Artifax said...

Thanks everybody!!! Who knew there were so many materials to learn about? And then there's how to alter them and how to bind them all together. I can't wait to try out some of these ideas!