Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A little out of commission

DARN IT! I was hoping to have May all done by now & start on the wall hanging for my leaves, but I've been slowed down. By what, you are asking? A dog bite! My dog bit me when I was pulling him away from a fight with another dog. Of course, he nailed me in the palm of my right hand! Of course, it got infected & I had to go to the Doctor three times. Of course, I was told NOT TO SEW! What a horrible sentence to a bead obsessed woman. Finally my hand is looking normal & I started to sew yesterday. Hurt a little, but that didn't stop me. My husband asked me if I'm insane! Probably, but my fingers ached to bead. Now to get myself up to speed and finish up this year. dot

8 comments:

Brenda said...

I was bit by a dog once, only scratched the surface, not a puncture. But for hours it felt like it was on fire! That was just my leg, can not even imagine what a hand would feel like, my sympathies to you.
It is not even May yet, give yourself a break, do not over due it, you might find yourself in deeper doo doo.

Julie said...

I was working in the yard last week and have an infection from some foreign body. I will see Dr. today again to possibly get it excised. But Im still beading. Julie C, MN

vivage said...

Ohhh, I'm sorry about your dog mistaking your hand for the other dog (not that I want the other dog bit). We have 4 dogs and dog fights scare the living stuffing out of me!

I feel for you not being able to bead. I had surgery last year that left me not able to bead for months. I hope you heal fast!

Robin said...

Oh, Dot... that's a tough one... I hope your husband was kidding, because OF COURSE a person has to bead, even when it does hurt. Hope it gets all better really soon. Beady hugs, Robin A.

Timaree said...

Sometimes using it a little helps to get the soreness out but don't over do it! Being told not to sew- what do doctors know about beading? Sheesh!
Timaree

KrispiS said...

What a sentence! Did he think you would NOT bead is the question!? So sorry this happened to you.... take care, don't overdo, but bead a bit every day.... that will take your mind off of it! May this note find you recuperating at a rapid rate!

heidibeads said...

Dot!

I'm so sorry about your dog bite. They are terrible when they happen. I'm glad you're on the mend and able to bead again. Take it slowly. Sending you healing energy.

Magpie Sue said...

Ack! Just don't too much too soon; you don't want to do permanent damage!