Sunday, November 4, 2007

Flickr

Just a couple of points about Flickr:



  1. Add a tag "BJP" on all your uploads (Tags are like keywords or labels that you add to a photo to make it easier to find later.). If someone clicks on that tag, all your bead journal photos will be grouped together. If you have already uploaded your photos, there is a tag column at the side where you can add tags.
  2. When you upload your pics try to use the largest pixel size you can. I generally use 1600, I have noticed that some pictures are very small and just don't do your work justice.
  3. Flickr is not a photo storage site. If you want to keep the original size of your photograph, back it up on a CDR or an external hard drive.
  4. I am working on a Wordpress blog where I am putting each person's work grouped together on a page. This was in response to Robin's question on the Flickr group discussion page:

'The pictures seem to be ordered according to when they were added to the site. Does anybody know if it is possible to set the order alphabetically rather than by date added?If they were alphabetical by artist, then we could continue to notice how each of us is developing a unique voice.'

I have informed Robin of this page and she seemed keen on the idea. I am now asking the group if that is OK. Thus far I have only used the Flickr pages, by copying and pasting. Its that basic but it is good to see all of one person's work grouped together on one page. If you don't post to Flickr but would like to have a page on this Wordpress group, please send me your attachments via email. I have broadband so large files will be ok.

4 comments:

Padparadscha said...

Wow, Jacqui, this sounds like a really good idea and tremendous work too.

Thank you for your time and efforts !

Quilt Architect said...

I would like to email my pictures to you what is your email address?

KrispiS said...

WOW! That would be awesome to have a second place to look at each person's growth and development. I really like the current Flicker site where I can quickly check to be sure I have seen all the additions.

Jacqui said...

My email for this project is rthd506@hotmail.com