Thursday, September 13, 2007

September Rose

YIKES! It's not even half way through the month, and I'm finished with September. I can hardly believe it myself! I got so excited about this one, that it just kept getting little bits done and then it was time to sew it together. I decided to do something more three dimensional, and printed out the design several times, and created separate pieces to bead and sew on the main backing. One day while I was digging through my bead box, things started spilling out as I was getting more and more frustrated because I couldn't find what I was looking for. When I did find it, I looked down, and a carved bone moon face had fallen into the center of my rose in progress. It just sat there and told me it needed to be part of this rose. So my rose now has a personality for sure! I am really happy with the whole feeling of the piece. See it here.

No comments: