Friday, November 2, 2007

September's Page Finally Posted

bead embroidery by Robin Atkins, Bead Journal Project, September, Detail
Finally! I've been taking an on-line class in web design (CSS & XHTML)... comprehensive, but way too geeky/technical for me to learn easily... all text-book, not much hands on... study and memorize. Yesterday I took and passed the final exam, so today I finally got time to post my September BJP here. Above is a little section of it showing my latest bead embroidery invention: ruffles!

October is also finished, but I still have to take a picture of it. Dare I promise to get the camera out this weekend??? Ok, yes, there's Flickr to be done as well. Crack the whip, start November... move along little doggie....

Been LOVIN' everybody's work!!!! Robin A.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loving those colors, Robin. What a great piece of fabric for the background!

ACey said...

oh these ruffles are so exquisite!

Nospoj said...

Congratulations on passing your exam!
You geek you!
Love the ruffles!

Mountain Salt Studio said...

wow - learning how to write code AND designing ruffles - I don't know which thing I'm more impressed by - okay - I'll admit it - the ruffles!

Robin said...

Thanks for your comments and support both here and on my blog! No question about it... ruffles are WAY more fun than writing code for websites! And I admit it, I barely passed the test.

Karen L. Cohen said...

Love the rows of beads sewn as rows coming down from the fetishes - great construct. I've done ruffles with increased peyote, but your ruffles are different, more lacey and looks great. Ruffles are a great way to have something stand up off the material. Your work is always so great - just love to look at it!!! Karen