Friday, August 24, 2007

Just Checkin' In

After the relative speed with which I made my first journal quilts, August has been painfully slow in coming. I am pleased to report that I have finally created the base upon which I will be doing my bead embellishment. I'm oddly comfortable with the fact that August is nearly over and I have yet to begin beading this one. I'm usually driven by deadlines. That's one reason I signed up for this project: I thought the monthly deadlines would be helpful to keep me on task! What has come for me this month is some insight into what drives my artwork and possibly a theme for future works. And that gift is probably what's making me so calm about not being further along with this month's project. Hopefully it won't be too deep into September before I can share pictures of my completed piece with you!

Sue in western WA

2 comments:

Timaree said...

I am so glad I am not the only one not started yet on August. I guess I was getting a bit stressed and tired to end up thinking it was the end of September already! I need quiet time for beading which I don't have at my daughter's but I am starting them all on beading projects now so perhaps I can get some credits for starting off the new generation of beaders!!

Can't wait to see your pictures.

Magpie Sue said...

Thanks Freebird. Have fun with that new generation of beaders!